History of RHRC
In 1989, the Reproductive Health Research Center (RHRC) obtained the principle approval from the Ministry of Health and Medical Education (MOHME). This center, as a small part of the scientific research community of the country in line with the 20-year vision of the country and the goals of MOHME and the Urmia Medical Sciences University (UMSU), its role and duty in providing the necessary and appropriate platform for basic and applied research to produce and disseminate sciences and meets the Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) needs of the community.
Among the RHRC's honors are the International Reproductive Health Congress in 2010, of this center is the holding of the International Congress of Reproductive Health in 1989. Other honors of this center are the cooperation of the infertility professors of Kosar Educational and Medical Center by launching an infertility data registration system, establishing a specialized clinic for child development and clinics. Specialist in sexual health in the clinic named Tadbir.
Goals and Strategic plans
Objectives of the Reproductive Health Research Center:
- Development and application of human knowledge in the field of "Sexual and Reproductive Health- SRH"
- Carrying out basic, epidemiological and clinical researches in order to reform the system of providing health care services in order to meet the needs of society.
- Collecting, compiling and classifying relevant documents, articles and documents and publishing them
- Training of researcher human resources in the field of "reproductive health"
- Encourage and employ researchers
- Efforts to attract the attention and cooperation of relevant research and executive centers in the country
- Scientific cooperation with research and educational centers of other countries and international organizations in compliance with the laws and regulations of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Transforming the Reproductive Health Research Center into a hub for research, education and reproductive health services at the national and regional levels
- Responding to basic research needs in the field of reproductive health
- Assist in regional and national policy-making for planning to promote the reproductive health of the community
- Achieving a credible and appropriate position compared to other reproductive health research centers at the national and regional levels
- Towards trust and consultation of national and international scientific and executive organizations and institutions
- Transforming the Reproductive Health Research Center into a WHO Associate Center
Urmia Reproductive Health Research Center, as the most important center for providing specialized services and research related to reproductive health in West Azerbaijan province, has a duty to maintain and promote the reproductive health of target groups in West Azerbaijan province and meet their unmet needs by combining research, education and presentation. Exalted services as well as communication with scientific centers inside and outside the country to make every effort. This research center pursues the following missions to achieve its goals:
- Supporting various research projects and developing quantitative and qualitative research in the field of reproductive health
- Contribute to the production and dissemination of science through the publication of books, articles and scientific journals
- Providing up-to-date scientific resources and information
- Empowerment in the field of research by holding courses and workshops
- Attracting and providing the necessary funds for research projects and other research affairs from domestic and foreign sources
- Support for student dissertations at different stages
- Monitoring and evaluation of all research affairs of the research center
Affiliation: Reproductive Health Research Center, Clinical Research Institute, Urmia University of Medical Sciences, Urmia, Iran
Head of center: Dr. Hamidreza farrokh- Eslamlou
Research Deputy of the Center: Dr. Hojjat Ghasennajad- berenji
Research Assistant: Robebeh Bahadori